Cross Community & Cross Border Sports Programmes
Donegal Sports Partnership deliver a number of community related sports programmes aimed at tackling racism, sectarianism and social exclusion issues and building community cooperation and resilience.
Among the programmes, which are short term, are:
Community Relations through Sport which works with the 14 – 18 year olds in building confidence, exploring community relations and cultural diversity. This programme is funded by the International Fund for Ireland.
Innovative Programme for Sport and Recreation is delivered in 13 communities throughout Co Donegal using sport and physical activity as a resource for building community relations. This programme is supported by the European Regional Development Fund through the EU Programme for Peace and Reconciliation managed by the Special EU Programmes Body by Donegal County Council.
North West Coaching and Club Development Network is a partnership between the council areas of Derry, Omagh, Strabane, Sligo and Donegal with the support of Coaching Ireland and Sports N Ireland.
The principles of the North West Coaching Network are:
• Commitment to coach centred approaches
• Regional needs led developments based on the coach & participant relationship
• Coaching as a profession with agreed minimum standards
• Supporting the UK Coaching Framework / Coaching Strategy for Ireland vision
• Success measured by impact on the ground
• NWCN will seek to promote and achieve equality in all aspects of the Sports Coaching Sector