Privacy & Cookie Notice
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to ensuring only solicited and relevant information is received by you.
ABOUT DONEGAL SPORTS PARTNERSHIP:
Donegal Local Sports Partnership CLG (Donegal Sports Partnership, ‘DSP’ ‘our’, ‘we’, or ‘us’), is located at Riverfront House, Pearse Rd, Letterkenny, Co Donegal (Registered in Ireland – Company Number: 6378628M).
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW?
We only collect and process the following types of information about you:
– When you register a query on our website, by phone or by email, or provide personal information which you complete.
– When you sign up to our newsletters or updates.
– When you enter Donegal Sports Partnership competitions and draws.
– When you register for a Donegal Sports Partnership event via email, phone or online through our online registration provider.
– If you ask us to keep in touch with you.
– If you ask us to receive personalised online content such as targeted advertising.
– If you complete a survey or send us feedback about our programmes, events, workshops or initiatives.
– If you contact us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) to find out more about a sport or physical activity opportunity.
The personal information you give us may include your first name and surname, gender, date of birth, email address, phone number, address, medical conditions, in case of emergency contact details and any other information that you consider necessary to provide us with.
INFORMATION SHARED WITH & RECEIVED ABOUT YOU:
Donegal Sports Partnership works closely with a number of third parties to coordinate and deliver sport and physical activity opportunities in Donegal. It is necessary for us to share your personal information with these third party providers for the purpose of the programme, event, workshop or initiative you have signed up to participate in.
Similarly, Donegal Sports Partnership may receive personal information from these third party providers to facilitate a programme, event, and workshop or initiative delivery.
WHY DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We may use and share non-personal data we receive or collect from you. You can access Donegal Sports Partnership’s website and social media platforms to utilise a number of services without providing any personal information to DSP. In general, Donegal Sports Partnership does not collect personal information you when you visit these sites.
For certain sections of Donegal Sports Partnership’s website, where users require, seek or sign up to further information, personal information is collected by DSP in order to reply to specific queries you make. Unless specified by you, your personal information will only be used for the duration that your specific Donegal Sports Partnership query is active.
Personal information, for the purposes of this Privacy Statement relates to information outlined above that can identify any individual including name, address, contact details. Donegal Sports Partnership may use the above personal data held about you for the following purposes (purposes for which we need your consent are marked *):
– To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with information on sport and physical activity that you request from us.
– To help us identify you and previous engagements you have had with us.
– To send you updates and marketing content.*
– To manage data collected via our website.
– To provide other services requested by you, as described when we collect the data.
– To address any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;.
– To make suggestions and recommendations to you about other programmes, events, workshops or initiatives that may be of interest to you*.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
There are currently a number of legal basis for Donegal Sports Partnership to process your personal data. These include; Contractual Necessity, Unambiguous Consent and Legitimate Interest.
Contractual Necessity: This is where we use personal information provided to process the appropriate steps of a contract with you for an activity of Donegal Sports Partnership and/or third party provider. An example of this would be where you register online to take part in an event offered by Donegal Sports Partnership. Donegal Sports Partnership will need to process your personal information in order to fulfil the contractual obligation of the event or to provide support services for that specific event.
Similarly, Donegal Sports Partnership works with a number of different third party providers to provide sport and physical activity opportunities to the people of Donegal and beyond.
It is necessary for us to share your personal information with these third party providers for the purpose of the programme, event, workshop or initiative you have signed up to take part in.
Legitimate Interest: Another example of where Donegal Sports Partnership collects your personal data is where we have a legitimate interest to use your data, provided that proper care is taken in relation to your rights. This would include:
– To ensure that we organise our database efficiently and understand how our stakeholders use our website, social media platforms and engage with our marketing campaigns. This will help us to better ensure we continue to improve our online/offline tools to better cater for all our stakeholders.
– To carry out analysis of your data as this helps us understand our stakeholders better, who they are and how they interact with Donegal Sports Partnership.
Unambiguous Consent: Where consent is required for our use of your personal information, you will be required to opt in by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent (for example, by email, website sign up, and online registration). Please note, we will only process your personal information for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so.
KEEPING IN TOUCH:
Donegal Sports Partnership only provides you with information about programmes, events, workshops, initiatives and updates, if you have given us your consent to do so. Similarly, Donegal Sports Partnership can provide you with customised online advertising should you wish to opt in to receiving such advertising online.
Donegal Sports Partnership operates an opt in policy for marketing updates at the time of registration for a Donegal Sports Partnership activity or through the sign up form on the Donegal Sports Partnership website. If you would like to sign up over the phone, a member of the Donegal Sports Partnership team can facilitate this for you. You can unsubscribe to these updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or by contacting the Donegal Sports Partnership office.
Donegal Sports Partnership will ask if you would like us to send you these marketing messages by ticking an appropriate opt in box at the relevant activation point. This is through the following sources:
– If you sign up to receive information from the Donegal Sports Partnership website sign up form;
– If you submit a request to a member of the Donegal Sports Partnership team over the phone;
– If you Email a request to be added to a Donegal Sports Partnership newsletter;
– Online registration for a Donegal Sports Partnership supported event, programme, workshop or initiative;
– Attendance at a Donegal Sports Partnership event, programme, workshop or initiative;
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
Third Party Providers: We only share your personal information with third party providers who are delivering programmes, events, workshops and initiatives in collaboration or on behalf of Donegal Sports Partnership. This information will only be used for the duration of the programme unless you specify otherwise and opt in to additional opportunities during the activity.
Service Providers: Donegal Sports Partnership IT services, sub-contractors and business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
Analytics & Search Engine Providers: Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
Law Enforcement: Law enforcement or regulatory agencies, or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND THEIR OWN POLICIES
Donegal Sports Partnership’s website contains links to third parties websites and other company websites, which are partner organisations of Donegal Sports Partnership, which may have their own Privacy Policies. Donegal Sports Partnership is not responsible for those websites, the activities and practices that take place on those websites or the relevant associated privacy policies.
WHY DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA AND HOW CAN YOU ACCESS IT?
Donegal Sports Partnership does not store your personal data for longer than we need to use it in accordance with this notice. Unless we let you know otherwise (or you request we erase your personal data), we will keep your personal data as long as you wish to remain in contact or to be contacted by Donegal Sports Partnership.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
For full details of your rights in relation to your personal information, please click on link for further details: https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/individuals/rights-individuals-under-general-data-protection-regulation
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request in writing to the Coordinator, Donegal Sports Partnership, Office No. 7, Riverfront House, Pearse Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR CHILD’S INFORMATION?
Donegal Sports Partnership coordinates and develops many programmes, events and initiatives for children’s sport and physical activity. Sometimes we require personal information to be processed to identify and ensure the safety of the participant in the respective programme or event. Outside of these programmes, events and initiatives, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18.
If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us in writing to the Coordinator, Donegal Sports Partnership, Office No. 7, Riverfront House, Pearse Road, Letterkenny, Co Donegal or send an email to email@example.com
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHY WE USE THEM?
IRISH DATA PROTECTION COMMISSIONER
Further information on your data privacy rights is available on the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner https://www.dataprotection.ie/en/individuals
Myles Sweeney, Coordinator
Donegal Sports Partnership,
We may update this policy from time to time to take account of any new business activity or to reflect any changes in law or best practice in relation to data protection. Any changes to this policy will be indicated via the date noted at the end of the page. We will notify you if we do so.
This policy was last updated on: 16/01/2019